Attention SISO Members and Site Visitors:
SISO is now using ListServ as the underlying system for all discussion forums. Initial operating capability went live on July 15th and will be gradually migrated to full operating capability over the next several months. At this time, posts can be made through email (same address as before for all discussion forums) and through the new web interface.
This new system requires changes to all user accounts (to access the SISO website and/or the Discussion Forums). To begin using either site with your user account, you will need to log in to the SISO website FIRST, in order to cause a full synch of your account in ListServ. The information below will give you more details on how to do this and what to expect.
- Your SISO username has changed. It has been updated to the email address we have on file for you.
- Your SISO password has NOT changed, but you will be prompted to change your password upon initial login.
- The SISO Discussion Forum system was replaced with a new product, ListServ, you will therefore notice many changes to the interface. For more information on how to use the new system, please refer to the SISO Discussion Forums General Users Guide
- All active discussion forums from the former system have been imported. Past email traffic has not been imported yet nor have archived discussions (forums that have since been closed). Both of these efforts are being worked on and will be delivered at a later date.
- The email address(s) for all SISO Discussion Forums (that is used to directly send email for new posts or replies to a forum) remain the same as before.
- The URL to access the SISO Discussion Forums website remains the same as before, but now operates under SSL (https). URL is: https://discussions.sisostds.org
- All subscribers as of July 13th, 2015 at 8am were imported. This means if you were subscribed before the transition you are still subscribed. Also, if you were in DIGEST mode before, you are in DIGEST mode now. If you were subscribed, but chose not to receive any emails (NOMAIL), then you will continue not receiving emails, but may view posts through the website and make posts via email (as you could before).
- Any unique profile settings established in the former system, such as a signature, profile picture, etc were not brought over to the new system. You will need to re-establish these settings in the SISO Discussion Forums website after logging in under Preferences/Newsletter Profile tab. The Newsletter Profile tab allows you to create custom templates for posts you make (which you are not required to use). This is where images and signatures are captured by ListServ though.
- If you were a list owner/moderator before, you still are. You have access to Subscriber reports and statistics about your forum.
- ListServ does not support polls or sticky posts.
What to do:
- If you are an existing user, you must first log into the SISO website BEFORE you can properly access the SISO Discussion Forums website. NOTE: As indicated above, your account credentials have slightly changed. Your username is now your email address and your password is the same as before.
- To log into the SISO website, go to https://www.sisostds.org and select Log In in the upper left corner. Enter your username (your email address) and your password (same one you have been using). You will then be prompted to change your password. Your email address and your newly established password are now your credentials to the access the SISO website as well as the SISO Discussion Forums website (https://discussions.sisostds.org) from here on out.
- If you do not remember your password you may select Reset Password on the Log In page and a new, temporary password will be generated and emailed to you. You will then use your email address as your username and the temporary password sent to you, to log into the SISO website. You will then be prompted to change your password.
- Anytime you forget your password and choose Reset Password, you MUST go back to the SISO website and log in with the temporary credentials and change your password BEFORE you will be permitted to access the SISO Discussion Forums website.
- If you are a new user, you can obtain an account by selecting Register in the upper left corner of the SISO website. An account will automatically be established for you in the SISO Discussion Forums website (ListServ) where you may then log in and choose which forums to subscribe to.
- Just as before, many forums allow for anyone (logged in or not) to read postings that have been made. All forums however require you to be a subscriber in order to initiate a topic or reply to a posted message. A couple of forums only permit SISO to send (such as SISO-ADMIN and SISO-MEMBERS).
- For more information on how to subscribe to a list, go to How do I Join the Discussion Board? or download the SISO Discussion Forums General Users Guide.