Acquisition M&S PDG - A Standards Profile for M&S Activities in Support of Acquisition Activities
Starting 9 Dec 2015, the PDG initiated a 270-day trial use period for two draft products. Users are asked to use the products and to share comments and suggestions about the products. To contribute, visit the PDG webpage, scroll to the bottom, and use the Comment Tracking System to provide inputs on these two draft SISO Products:
- SISO-GUIDE-005-DRAFT, Trial Use Guide for A Standards Profile for the Use of M&S in Support of Acquisition Activities, Volume 1
- SISO-REF-066-DRAFT, Trial Use Reference for A Standards Profile for the Use of M&S in Support of Acquisition Activities, Volume 2
C2SIM PDG/PSG - Command and Control Systems - Simulation Systems Interoperation
The Command and Control Systems - Simulation Systems Interoperation (C2SIM) PDG and Product Support Group (PSG) together form one lifecycle product group empowered over the product lifecycle to develop and support products. The functions of the PDG and PSG are distinct, but memberships are common, and administrative reporting will be as one group to consolidate administrative overhead. In addition to new products under development, the PSG supports these two SISO Standards Products:
- SISO-STD-007-2008, Standard for Military Scenario Definition Language
- SISO-STD-011-2014, Standard for Coalition Battle Management Language (C-BML) Phase 1
DDCA PDG - Distributed Debrief Control Architecture
The PDG conducted a 45-day ballot that ended on 4 Dec 2015 for this product:
- SISO-STD-015-DRAFT, Standard for Distributed Debrief Control Architecture
The product ballot was both valid and successful. The PDG is in the process of resolving comments with the balloters and documenting final comment resolutions. The next step is the preparation and processing of the Product Approval Package. Watch for a new SISO Standard to be published in 2016 comprising an object model that defines messages, states, and behaviors.
EPLRS / SADL PDG - Enhanced Position Location Reporting System including Situational Awareness Data Link Simulation Standard
The PDG is developing a standard that defines the methods to simulate an EPLRS/SADL Network within a Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) or High Level Architecture (HLA) framework.
GDACL PDG - Gateway Description and Configuration Languages
The PDG conducted product ballots in 2015 for these products:
- SISO-STD-014-00-DRAFT, Standard for Gateway Description Language
- SISO-STD-014-01-DRAFT, Standard for Gateway Filtering Language
The product ballots were both valid and successful. The PDG is in the process of resolving comments with the balloters and documenting final comment resolutions. The next step is the preparation and processing of the Product Approval Package. Watch for new SISO Standards to be published in 2016. The family of products are used by both developers and users of Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) environments during gateway selection and configuration. Each product reflects a different aspect of the overarching process of gateway selection and configuration.
GSD PDG - Guideline on Scenario Development
The PDG is developing a SISO Guidance Product for "Guideline on Scenario Development for Distributed Simulation Environments."
HLA PDG - High-Level Architecture
The PDG is developing revisions of these IEEE Standards:
- IEEE Std 1516™-2010, IEEE Standard for Modeling and Simulation High Level Architecture — Framework and Rules
- IEEE Std 1516.1™-2010, IEEE Standard for Modeling and Simulation High Level Architecture — Federate Interface Specification
- IEEE Std 1516.2™-2010, IEEE Standard for Modeling and Simulation High Level Architecture — Object Model Template Specification
HPML PDG - Human Performance Modeling Language
The PDG is developing a SISO Standards Product for Human Performance Modeling Language. HPML is an XML schema-based language intended to cover all meaningful aspects of human performance measurement in various training and operational environments. The PDG is also developing the supplementary SISO Product Data Files.
Link 11 A/B PDG - Link 11 A/B Network Simulation Standard
The PDG is developing a standard for existing military simulations to exchange Link-11 A / B data using a single interoperable standard.
RIEDP PDG - Reuse and Interoperation of Environmental Data & Processes
The PDG is developing products to harmonize environmental data representations and generation processes at a level after the source data stage, but before the run-time/proprietary stage, recognizing that there is a broad range within this band. This will be achieved by retaining the data form (or format) as close to the source data as possible in order to benefit from GIS tools; while at the same time keeping the internal data consistency (intrinsic correlation factor); and not introducing specific target application constraints at this level that should be addressed separately by each target application during run-time. The PDG is producing two complementary products :
- The RIEDP Data Model Foundations, which will be a SISO Guidance Product;
- The RIEDP Detailed Features Description, which will be a SISO Standards Product.
SRFOM PDG - Space Reference Federation Object Model
The PDG is developing (1) a natural language, human readable overview, description and specification of the Space Reference FOM Federation Agreement; and (2) a set of computer-interpretable HLA 2010 FOM modules (XML) intended for consumption by HLA run-time infrastructure and other software tools.
SRML PDG - Simulation Reference Markup Language
The PDG is developing a family of products based on the Simulation Reference Markup Language. The PDG will be conducting product ballots in 2016 for these products:
- SISO-STD-009-00-DRAFT, Standard for Simulation Reference Markup Language
- SISO-STD-009-01-DRAFT, Standard for Simulation Reference Markup Language Engine Specification – Level 0
- SISO-GUIDE-009-DRAFT, Guide for Simulation Reference Markup Language – Primary Features
UCATT PDG/PSG - Urban Combat Advanced Training Technologies
The PDG is developing a family of SISO products providing interoperability for live simulations. The PDG published the first SISO Standard in May 2016.
- SISO-STD-016-00-2016, Standard for UCATT Laser Engagement Interface
- SISO-GUIDE-003-00-2016, Guide for UCATT Live Simulation Standards and Architecture
- SISO-REF-059-00-2015, Reference for UCATT Ammunition Table
The PDG is analyzing user requirements, use cases, and technology relevant to providing interoperability for live simulations and is developing products that implement a functional architecture with clear definitions for specific interfaces which should be standardized. The approach for standardizing the proposed UCATT interfaces is to generate a family of related products with multiple elements and where each member of the family addresses a particular interface. The overarching standard that will be submitted to SISO for approval will specify all physical interfaces incrementally. Each physical interface will be included as an appendix to the specification.