Members of the Acquisition and Modeling & Simulation Communities:
Our Product Development Team has put sufficient detail into the rationale, framework and expected form of the final products to open them to expanded constructive comment by the broader practitioner community. We seek your valuable insights and participation in making these draft products better. This time has been called "Trial Use" and these documents are expected to be open for your comments and suggested additions/deletions/updates through mid-summer 2016.
Our Acquisition standards profile technical approach has been shaped by
1) Pragmatic - we build upon the foundation work accomplished in previous modeling & simulation profiles;
2) Prudent - our initial draft recognized that the acquisition life cycle has enormous technical scope, yet we chose to work a finite problem (44 key
technical activities & several dozen standards);
3) Powerful - we crafted an efficient set of meta-data that may need to be
evolved but is intentionally limited;
4) Particular - we conducted our initial framework feasibility by employing
the 'wisdom of the (small) crowd';
5) Practical - we planned and are now soliciting your practitioner expertise
to help elaborate the information resident in the initial data file before
update and balloting in the future.
I want to thank you in advance for your participation and our PDG leadership team looks forward to and values your contributions and expertise!