ENGTAM SG - Exploration of Next Generation Technology Applications to Modeling and Simulation
This group is executing these group-specific tasks.
- Capture and decompose common M&S program goals including account for non-functional requirements such as security, performance, risk, cost, and long term sustainability.
- Explore the latest industry technology trends and available solutions, specifically focused on their applicability to the M&S domain. Examples include wearable technology, streaming, advanced hardware, cloud services, and data sharing applications.
- Account for security requirements and what the application each technology will need to consider.
- Consider other architecture quality requirements and management requirements such as risk, cost, and long term sustainability, among others.
- Assist the M&S domain in staying informed of recent technology advancements and to understand their impacts to our current and future implementations.
CBMS SG - Cloud-based Modelling & Simulation
Over the past few years, a significant number of SISO members have been engaged in M&S activities in the cloud. These and other early practitioners have produced practices and hard-learned lessons that would be valuable to others. The purpose of this study group is to identify and document the existing M&S in the cloud activities, document best practices, highlight lessons learned and identify where potential standards in order to facilitate adoption by other practitioners. The study group is organized into 3 different teams looking at cloud capabilities, models, and architecture.