Responsibilities of the CF PRP Chair
The Chair of the CF PRP coordinates the overall planning for the Forum, including the following responsibilities:
- Active recruitment of presentations and papers on topics of interest to the Forum
- Feedback coordination from relevant PDGs
- Candidate recruitment for new PDGs
- Formulation of issues to be raised as Product Nominations to the SAC
- Establishing major goals and milestones for the Forum
- Ensuring adequate reviews of presentations and papers
- Chairing the Forum session(s)
- Reporting to the CC regarding the Forum's activities and recommendations at the Workshop wrap-up session.
If Interim Forum meetings are necessary, the Forum Chair ensures an agenda is developed and distributed along with a timely announcement regarding the time and place of the meeting.
Responsibilities of the CF PRP Vice Chair
The CF PRP Vice Chair assists the CF PRP Chair in the performance of the duties, and he or she acts in place of the Chair when the chair is unable to be present. When a Chair is unable to continue serving as the Chair for any reason, the Vice Chair serves as Chair pending a special election to fill the vacancy.
Responsibilities of the CF PRP Secretary
The CF PRP Secretary assists the Chair and Vice Chair in the performance of their duties. He or she also ensures timely announcements are posted to all relevant SISO reflectors, and minutes regarding any PRP meeting or teleconference published.
Responsibilities of the CF PRP Members
Each CF PRP is responsible for developing a coherent plan of Forum activities at each Workshop and soliciting papers, presentations, demonstrations, panel discussions, and other appropriate activities in support of the Forum's purposes and objectives, as indicated in the most recent call for papers. These plans are submitted to the CC for approval before a Call for Papers is issued. This normally occurs within a month of the end of the preceding Workshop, i.e., approximately five months in advance of the Workshop to which they apply.
In order to ensure an appropriate level of quality for all Forum activities, each Forum PRP member is expected to actively participate in the selection and final review of presentations and papers.